7/30/2006

Will Gerry Laabs be at the next Rejection Show?

If you were at the last Rejection Show you heard me talk about the possibility of a rejected Roseanne Barr look-a-like appearing on the next show (August 1st.) Will she be there? I'm still not certain but I have my fingers crossed.

How did this come about? I received this email in my inbox a few weeks ago:

Subject: Roseanne Barr Look Aalike
Date: Friday, July 14, 2006 12:42 PM
From: Gerry Laabs
To:
Conversation: Roseanne Barr Look Aalike

Jon,
I am always asked in stores, walking on the streets, "there she is...are you Roseanne Barr?" Thought I find out if there is any look alike jobs , shows or contest. Please contact me and inform me if there is.......Thanks

Waiting to hear from you.

Gerry Laabs
******

Anyone that knows me would know that I LOVED THAT EMAIL. Although I don't know why she would think that I have the answer.

I responded with this:

Subject: Re: Roseanne Barr Look Aalike
Date: Sunday, July 16, 2006 12:49 PM
From: Jon Friedman
To: Gerry Laabs
Conversation: Roseanne Barr Look Aalike

Hi Gerry. Thanks for the email. It seems as though you are having trouble finding work as a Roseanne Barr Look-A-Like. That sounds perfect for my show “The Rejection Show.” I can book you on my show for August 1st and we can do a mini Q & A on what it is like to get work as a look-a-like and the rejection you face and then you can do your actual Roseanne routine. How does this sound? It will be laid back and in a fun supportive environment.

The show is at 7:30PM on August 1st at Mo Pitkin’s House of Satisfaction.

I can send you many more details if you are available and interested.

Let me know asap.

Jon
**********

She did respond asking for more specific details, which I gave her. I have not heard back from her after that but I don't know if that means she'll be there or decided to brush it off.

WE'LL SEE!

Come to the show to find out....

TICKETS FOR THE AUGUST 1st REJECTION SHOW HERE!







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?